For the past three years, the AfroStreetfestival has gone on to become one of the biggest cultural events in Nigeria. With a high level of reception at the maiden edition in 2018, and then 2019; it was evidence that it was highly appreciated.
It has grown to become a homecoming of sorts and using the Slogan “Art on the Streets,t to get us off the Streets” has successfully pulled the showcase of African Art Forms from the Galleries, Fashion Houses and Dance Studios to the Streets; an alternate and unconventional space which allows free expression of ideas and talent, connecting in deep ways that resonate.
The Last two Editions were scintillating pulling out the city of Port Harcourt together like never with several thousands of participants. The festival appeals to a diverse crowd which includes families, outdoor adventurists, literary enthusiasts, young people, lovers of art, and tourists come through to celebrate bold statements of creativity, the ever-changing nature of art, and the stunning evolution of over-imaginative minds from within and around the Niger Delta.
This year is expected to attract more than 10000 attendees, with over 50 vendors set to exhibit, and including a line up of interesting pre – and – post event activities. With the theme ‘Tenacity’, it is intended to through a spotlight on the creative industry through various expression and setting the tone for the conversation around surviving post-COVID.
What should you know about this epoch-making event?
Here are five things you need to know about the AfroStreet Fashion Festival
1. The AfroStreet Fashion Festival is an initiative of “TheCreativeHubPortHarcourt”, set up to celebrate and showcase the art, culture and Creative Talents within the Nigerian Creative Industry and also express the rich diverse culture of the Rivers People.
2. PRE-EVENT SCHEDULES: Every AfroStreet festival is a journey of many pre-event experiences; from model casting to the African Soiree–its official public announcement, to Open Mics, Online Competitions, Art Installations, Tours and the ultimate Festival. Official dates for each sub event are available at @afrostreetfestival on Instagram.
3. The official date for the AfroStreet Fashion Festival is scheduled for December 4th, 2021 in–Port Harcourt, Rivers.
4. IT IS FREE! You have the right to come and have fun and enjoy your life and carry home an unforgettable experience for FREE!…and, courtesy of several sponsors and partner brands, you might have your FIRST DRINKS on the organizers!
So that you don’t say they didn’t tell you. DRESS to survive.
5. The AfroStreet Festival is a composition of style, afro-centric fashion, a bit of cultural glam and creativity. You have the right to come and shine in your style.
What should you expect?
It is better experienced but there are a few things to expect. There would be more urban street fashion, runway, musical performances, tribal body art, live art painting, graffiti live painting, afro dance performances, African masquerade displays, exhibitions, food and drinks, raffle draws, competition, spoken word poetry and FIREWORKS!
You miss, you lose!
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or advert placement, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more enquiry, please call or WhatsApp us on 08063615010.
You can support our Investigative Journalism work, by donating into ATA MEDIA, GTBANK, 0267485001