Abia State Government have stated that wearing of facemask is compulsory and any contravention will attract a fine of N5,000 and also instructed all night clubs in the State to cease operations while advising Abians to stay away to curtail the spread of COVID-19.
This was made known by the Secretary to the State Government, Barr. Chris Ezem on Friday after the Abia State Inter-Ministerial Committee on COVID-19 had an interactive session with the leadership of Abia State Traditional Rulers Council, Religious Leaders, Security Agencies and some select Stakeholders in the State at Michael Okpara Auditorium, Umuahia.
The government also revived all COVID-19 guidelines in the market, churches and all social gatherings in the State.
1) Night clubs are to cease operation whilst Abians are advised to stay away from night clubs given the new wave.
2) Eateries – All eateries are now to operate on take away basis and must maintain all covid-19 protocols at their premises. They must place at their entrance “No face mask No entry” sign. They must ensure the availability of running water and sanitisers at their premises. Any contravention will attract a fine of N100,000.00 and the premises will be sealed off.
3) All hotels and hospitality places must paste “No face mask No entry” banner at their entrances and must maintain all covid-19 protocols. Any contravention will attract M100,000.00 fine including sealing off of the premises.
4) Religious worships – All churches are now to operate on 50-person basis per stream and must conclude all religious activities by2 pm on Sundays and Saturdays whichever is applicable. All weekly activities must be limited to 2 activities only. Whilst night vigil and crusades are banned. All religious places of worship must pasts at its entrances “No face mask No entry” sign.
5) Markets – All covid-19 market Committees are to be revived and must ensure total compliance with all covid-19 protocols at all markets failing which Government will not hesitate to shut down such market and proscribe its Union.
6) Burials and weddings – All burials and weddings must be limited to 50 persons only and maintain all covid-19 protocols. The traditional ruler of communities must liaise with the Local Government Chairman of the relevant Local Government and set up enforcement Committee made up of people of integrity to ensure compliance. The enforcement Committee is at liberty to stop any burial or wedding in contravention.
7) All public places, ministries and parastatals must paste at their entrances “No face mask No entry” sign.
8. All cultural festivals are hereby banned till further notice. The government will hold responsible for the Traditional Ruler of any community that contravenes this directive.
9) All schools, private and public, must observe all covid-19 protocols.
10) Government encourages all well-spirited Abians to donate face masks and hand sanitisers to our schools, religious organizations and public places.
11) Wearing of face mask is compulsory and any contravention will attract fine of N5,000.00
12) There shall be an Abia Covid-19 day where all and sundry will come out to enforce covid-19 protocol. The date will be made public soon.
13) Community testing and sample collection is ongoing in all the 17 LGA’s.
14) LGA Covid-19 Committee are in place and are to sensitize and enforce all covid-19 protocols in and around the relevant Local Government.
15) The State medical protocol team are in place and our molecular lab is 24 hours in operation to run samples.
Government urges all Abians to continue to observe and comply with all covid-19 protocols and take these directives very seriously.
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or advert placement, please send to email@example.com. For more enquiry, please call or WhatsApp us on 08063615010.
You can support our Investigative Journalism work, by donating into ATA MEDIA, GTBANK, 0267485001